- If you are opening the program for the first time, the setup wizard may start automatically, simply cancel it.
- Once the program has loaded, click the Tools menu and choose E-mail Accounts....
- In the E-mail Accounts window that opens, choose the Add a new e-mail account option and click Next
- In the next screen, choose the POP3 option and click Next.
- In the following screen, multiple pieces of information are needed:
- Enter your full name (i.e. John Smith).
- Enter your complete email address.
- Enter your complete email address as the User Name as well.
- Enter your password.
- Enter mail.essb.qc.ca as the incoming POP3 server.
- Enter mail.essb.qc.ca as the outgoing SMTP server and click Next.
- Make sure that the Remember Password box is checked.
- Then click the More Settings ... button.
- In the More Settings window, under the General Tab, you can enter any name by which you would like to refer to this email account, then click the Outgoing Server tab
- Under the Outgoing Server tab, make sure that the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is checked and that the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option is also chosen. Then click the Advanced tab.
- Under the Advanced tab, make sure the Incoming server (POP3) is set to 110 and the Outgoing server (SMTP) is set to 1025. Also, verify that the option Leave a copy of messages on the server is NOT CHECKED! Then press OK.
- This should bring you back to the E-mail Accounts window where you can proceed to click Next.
- Click Finish and you're done!!